Power BI Interview Questions and Answers
Q.Explain Various Parts Of Microsoft Self-service Bi Solution?
There are two main parts of Microsoft self-service Business Intelligence solution.
Q.Define Excel Bi Toolkit?
- Excel BI Toolkit
- Power BI
- Define Microsoft Power BI
Allowing users to create interactive report by means of importing data from a wide range of sources and model data acc to requirement.
Q.Define Power Bi?
A cloud-based data sharing environment, Power BI allows anyone to analyze and visualize data with greater efficiency, speed and understanding. Besides, it helps in connecting users to a wide range of data with the help of easy-to-operate dashboards, compelling visualizations, and interactive reports bringing data to life.
Q.Differentiate Between Power Bi And Power Bi Pro?
Power BI offers various kinds of features to help you get started searching data in a complete new way. On the other hand, Power BI Pro caters with some additional features like scheduling data refresh more often than on daily basis, more storage capacity, live data sources along with complete interactivity, and much more.
Q.What Is The Cost For Power Bi?
Both Power BI Desktop and Power BI are free of cost. While for Power BI Pro, a user is required to pay $9.99 per month after completing 60-day free trial.
Q.What The Term Power Bi Desktop Means?
Can be installed on your computer, Power BI Desktop is a free app that works in cohesion with the Power BI service by offering advanced data exploration, modelling, shaping, and report creation with the use of highly interactive visualizations. Moreover, it allows you to save your all work to a file for publishing your reports and data to Power BI site for sharing with others.
Q.What Are The Basics Needed For Using Power Bi?
Q.What Is The Need Of Signing Up With Work Email?
- To use Power BI, all you need is a web browser and a work email address.
- Please be informed that work email addresses finishing in .mil and .gov are currently not supported.
Power BI is not supporting email addresses given by telecommunications providers and consumer email services, thus there is a need of signing up with work email.
Q.Name The Work Email Addresses That Are Currently Supported?
Work email addresses that are finishing with .org and .edu are currently supported.
Q.Which Pricing Is Available For Power Bi From Academic, Government And Non-profit?
Non-profit pricing is currently available for Power BI only when availing it directly from Microsoft. While Academic and Government pricing for Power BI is provided via the EA, MSOP/Direct and Open licensing programs. Besides, government pricing can also be availed in syndication.
Q.Is There Are Support Available For Mobile Devices By Power Bi?
Yes, Power BI supports mobile devices. It has some native apps for iOS devices, Android smartphones, and Windows 10 devices.
You can download and install Power BI mobile apps from the following app stores:
Q.What Data Sources Can Be Connected To For Power Bi?
- Google Play
- Apple App Store
- Windows Store
There is a wide list of data sources you can connect to for Power BI.
They are groups as mentioned below:
- Connectors to databases and some other datasets like Azure SQL
- Data from Power BI Desktop files and Excel
- Content packs for reports, services, and datasets.
Moreover, along with establishing a data connection, Power BI offers pre-built reports and dashboards for each of these services.
Q. Define Content Packs?
These are pre-built solutions used for popular services as a major part of the Power BI experience.
Q.Various Excel Bi Add Ins?
Q.What Must Be Installed To Use Power Bi?
- Power Query to find, edit and load external data
- Power View for designing interactive and visual reports
- Power Pivot to analyse data modeling
- Power Map for displaying insights in 3D Map
For using the service of Power BI for free, one just need a web browser and work email. With this, you can explore data as well as create reports in Power Bi Desktop. To get Power BI mobile apps, you can head to their respective stores. Google Pay, App Store and Windows Store.
Q.How One Can Get Started With Power Bi?
There are some resources to get assistance and get started with Power BI.
They are as follows:
Q.What Is The Procedure For Buying Power Bi Pro?
- Power BI Blog
- You can get started with an article on Power BI
- You can get started with a video on YouTube
- Last but not the least, joining a related community and get answered.
: Power BI licenses can be purchased at www.powerbi.com . Besides, you can also get assistance from a Microsoft partner to aid you with the implementation of Power BI.
Q.Is The Power Bi Service Accessible On-premises?
No, you can not avail the service as private or internal cloud service. However, with the use of Power BI and Power BI Desktop, one can connect securely to their own on-premises data sources.
Q.Which Language Is Used To Calculate Calculated/column Field In Power Pivot?
DAX (Data Analysis expression) is used for calculating calculated/column field in Power Pivot.
Q.What Is Dax?
DAX is a formula language used for computing calculated field and column. For doing basic calculation and data analysis, it is used on data in power pivot.
Q.Explain Power Pivot Data Model?
- DAX supports column values.
- It is not capable of inserting or modifying data.
- It cannot be used to calculate rows, though you can calculate measures and calculated columns.
: It is a model that is made up of data types, tables, columns, and table relations. These data tables are typically constructed for holding data for a business entity.
Q.Define Power Query?
: It is an ETL tool used for shaping, cleaning and transforming data with the help of intuitive interfaces without using code. With this,
Q.Name The Language That Is Used In Power Query.
- You can import data from various sources like from files to databases.
- Append and join data from a wide range of sources.
- You can shape data as needed by adding and removing it.
: M-code which is a new programming language is used in Power Query. This language is easy to use and is quite similar to other languages. Also, it is case sensitive.
Q.Name The Data Destinations For Power Query.
: Two destinations are there for output we receive from power query.
Q.Explain Power Bi Designer?
- Load to Excel Data Model
- Load to table in a worksheet
Q.Is There Any Process To Refresh Power Bi Reports One Uploaded To Cloud?
- Power BI Designer is a standalone app that can be used for making Power BI reports and then uploading it to Powerbi.com. Moreover, it does not need excel.
- All in all, it is a combination of Power Pivot, Power View and Power Query.
: Yes, Power Bi reports can be refreshed using Data Management Gateway and Power BI Personal Gateway.
Q.Explain The Difference Between Power Bi Personal Gateway And Data Management Gateway?
Power BI Personal Gateway is used for reports that are deployed in Powerbi.com. On the other hand, Data management gateway is an app installed in source data machines in order to help reports to be deployed on SharePoint and can be scheduled to automatic refresh.
Q.Name All The Platforms For Which Power Bi App Is Available?
Ans: Power BI app is available for:
Q.Differentiate Between Older And Newer Power Bi?
- iPhone and iPad
- Windows tablets and Windows Desktops
- Coming for Windows phone soon
Q.Is It Possible To Have Over One Active Relationship Between Two Tables In Power Pivot Data Model?
- There are new designing tool used in newer Power BI known as Power BI Desktop. It is a standalone designer which include Power Pivot, Power View and Power Query in back end.
- On the other hand, Older Power Bi has add-ins for excel. In newer Power Bi, there are more graphs available such as line area chart, combo chart, tree map, water fall, etc.
No, it is not possible. There can’t be over one active relationship between two tables in power pivot data model. If you want, then it is only possible to have one active relationship and other many inactive.
Contact for more on Power BI Online Training
power bi interview questions Tags
power bi interview questions and answers,power bi online training, power bi interview questions, power bi training online, power bi training, power bi training institute, latest power bi interview questions, best power bi interview questions 2019, top 100 power bi interview questions,sample power bi interview questions,power bi interview questions technical, best power bi interview tips, best power bi interview basics, power bi Interview techniques,power bi Interview Tips.
For online training videos